Friday, January 25, 2013

Amy Plums Revenant Series Review


When I was given the chance to get my hands on an arc copy of IF I Should Die by Amy Plum, you bet your butt I jumped at the opportunity!  Now quick catchup on the series if you have not read them . Oh and just in case you are a newcomer, I would suggest to buy the first two together because you will want to find out what happens next and if you are like me, then you would want to know immediately lol.  By the way, every time I write a review it is difficult not to give away anything from the book. I find myself rewriting it over and over again and finally it's in a general sense. How many ways can I say a book is freaking awesome. EPIC!!! So let's get this cleared up now. EPIIIIIIC series. 

Die For Me (Revenants #1)5/5
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

Review 
After the whole vampire and werewolf take over, reading about revenants was a huge fresh breath of air. Not knocking on the new era but c'mon,  hot revenants oh yeah! I was hooked once I started reading. Amy Plum orchestrated such an elaborate plot that I just NEEDED to know what was going to happen next. The characters were so much fun to meet and the love that hopped from one to another was extraordinary. It just seemed like everybody wanted to protect each other which is like a DUH moment for me since the whole purpose of a revenants is to protect the humans, but still. The dedication and passion was amazing to watch. I heard great things about this series and once I start i must have the next book to find out what happens or else i'd die!! Which is exactly what I did. I bought Until I Die.


Until I Die (Revenants #2) 5/5
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.

Review
Once I finished Die For Me I immediately began to read Until I Die. As you may have figured out, after having your parents die and finding  out that your boyfriend dies often ,can become a problem. How would they make the relationship work? After finding out what revenants are exactly we get down to the nitty gritty. Every hero has an enemy and Kate happens to be stuck in the middle. This book was filled with action and mystery. I could feel myself getting closer to the end and I was devastated knowing that I would have to wait for the final book. How did I cope? I didn't 0_0. I reread the series a couple of times until I was able to just replay the book without reading it. I fell in love with the story and the couple (Vincent & Kate). I knew that when I got my hands on the third book i would devour it even faster than the first two. Then finally, it came.



If I Should Die (Revenants #3)5/5
Comes out on May 7, 2013
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?


Review
Today is the 25 of January. I received the book on the 24. I finished it within 5 hours!!! I DEVOURED If I Should Die,  I gobbled this book up and I still have a hangover. This exceeded my expectations! Everything just fell into place and made sense! I was finally able to see the picture that Amy Plum has been painting for us, I must say that it is a master piece. Action packed and filled with love. I laughed, cried, awed and oohed. I am honored to have been able to review ahead of time. I was sad knowing that this is it, the last book in the series, but I didn't cry, instead I smiled as I read the last page. It was the best ending possible. The revenants earned a spot on my favorite book shelf. I must now buy a whole new set so I wont ruin these precious books. For all fellow revenant lovers or newcomers, you will not be disappointed. 














*Bows to Amy Plum*

No comments:

Post a Comment