Monday, January 2, 2017

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne Review


Blurb
Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.

In this book, you’ll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life—money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You’ll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that’s within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.

The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers—men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.
Review
For over a year my mom has been asking me to read the Secret and I have been very skeptical about it but finally decided to read it yesterday. I tried to go in with an open mind but couldn't help but find myself questioning almost every page. The Secret basically focuses on the power of the mind and how to use it correctly. It also goes on about having a positive attitude and imagining what you want and sending that to the universe. I can see where someone can have a goal and work towards it but to just think something and it'll happen seems far fetched to me. I will agree that being positive and feeling gratitude for what you have makes you feel better and lifts your spirits but to think of something and hoping it will happen is just absurd. It went as far as to health and I think that millions of people with health problems have hoped for cures and may have never found them in their lifetime or ever.
What I took in from this book which is think is pretty obvious is to try to change my emotions in situations. My mom always says" change your channel" whenever I complain about working long hours or about homework. I should be grateful that I have a job and that I am able to gain an education. That helped, but there was a time when my car was totaled while it was parked in front of my house and she said I must've been thinking about it which I obviously wasn't! I was actually in a very good mood that day.
Overall I think this pushes the boundaries of reality. I am not a pessimist, I mean, it would be nice to think about millions of dollars falling from the sky but again, what are the chances of that actually happening? how many people have read this book and not seen results? Wouldn't everybody whom has read this be millionaires?

What are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment