Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Tribes of Palos Verdes by Joy Nicholson

Blurb
Medina Mason is a defiant, awkward newcomer to the affluent beach community of Palos Verdes, California. As her parents' marriage disintegrates and her beloved brother falls prey to the temptations of drugs and the lunacy of their mother, Medina surfs to survive, finding a bitter solace in the rough comfort of the waves. This is the moving story of growing up "different," of the love between siblings, and of one girl's power to save herself.


Review
This book is very different to my usual book reads. It has more of a serious tone and I guess you can say more realistic. To be honest it was pretty sad reading this because of all the issues that she deals with. Her only solace is surfing but she gets made fun of because she isn't like the other girls in the area. I wasn't really in love with the story, I usually read a book in 1 sitting but it took me a couple of days to get through it and the ending didn't leave me satisfied.



No comments:

Post a Comment